Chris McCormack416. 507.1842 email@example.com Download V-Card
Chris is an associate at Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP.
Areas of practice & Experience
Chris McCormack joined Thomas Gold Pettingill after articling with an insurance defence boutique in Toronto, where he gained experience with accident benefits and tort claims. His practice is focused in the area of statutory accident benefits claims (including priority and loss transfer disputes) and the defence of personal injury claims. Chris has appeared before the Superior Court of Justice, the Licence Appeal Tribunal, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and Small Claims Court.
Chris received his J.D. degree from Osgoode Hall Law School. He previously obtained an M.A. in English literature from McGill University and a B.A. (Honours) in English literature from the University of Toronto.
- Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company (Travelers) and A.S., LAT 18-000350/AABS (Arbitrator Kepman, March 15, 2019) – Obtained an order for repayment of income replacement benefits.
- D.S. and Travelers, LAT 17-001522/AABS (Arbitrator Ferguson, September 24, 2018) – Successfully defended a claim for medical/rehabilitation benefits.
- Applicant and ACE INA Insurance, LAT 17-001422/AABS (Arbitrator Treksler, November 15, 2017) – Successfully defended a claim for medical/rehabilitation benefits and a special award. Obtained an order for repayment of income replacement benefits.
Education & Associations
- Called to the Bar of Ontario, 2016
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- M.A., McGill University
- B.A. (Honours), University of Toronto