Sara Baum416.507.1807 firstname.lastname@example.org Download V-Card Assistant: Alida Philbin 416-507-1821 email@example.com
Sara is an associate at Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP.
Areas of practice & Experience
Sara joined Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP in 2019 after articling with an insurance defence boutique in Toronto, where she gained experience in civil litigation. Sara’s current practice focuses on the defence of tort claims and statutory accident benefits.
Sara received her J.D. degree from Queen’s University, graduating on the Dean’s Honour List in 2018. While at law school, Sara volunteered as a caseworker with Queen’s Legal Aid, representing low-income Kingston residents. She previously obtained a B.Sc. (Honours) in Kinesiology from the University of Western Ontario.
- F.S. v. Travelers Insurance Co. of Canada – Successfully argued that the limitation period barred various medical benefits claims, and successfully defended the client’s MIG position.
- S.T. v Dominion of Canada General Ins. Co., 2020 CanLII 34469 (ON LAT) – Successfully defended the insurer’s MIG position and denial of medical benefits.
Education & Associations
- Called to the Ontario Bar in 2019
- J.D., Queen’s University (2018)
- B.Sc. (Honours), Western University (2015)