Sean Murtha416.507.1823 email@example.com Download V-Card
Sean is a partner of Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP.
Areas of practice & Experience
Sean joined Thomas Gold Pettingill after practicing in the field of insurance defence litigation at a prominent Bay Street Firm. Sean’s diverse practice at the firm includes defending complex insurance matters involving failure to educate, occupiers’ liability, sports liability, product liability, professional negligence, and motor vehicle insurance claims. Sean also regularly represents insurers in affirmative litigation cases, seeking to collect damages for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation and conspiracy relating to the submission of false claims documents and invoices. Sean has represented clients before the Superior Court, the Divisional Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
A selection of Sean’s recent work includes:
- Defending institutional negligence claims, including the failure to educate, breach of fiduciary duty and the tort of conspiracy;
- Defending both institutional and individual clients in defamation actions;
- Defending institutional clients in the area of vicarious liability for various claims, including sexual abuse and harassment;
- Defending physical fitness clubs/personal trainers with respect to claims arising out of sports injuries; and
- Defending personal injury claims related to motor vehicle accidents and slip/trip and fall accidents.
Education & Associations
- Called to the Bar in Ontario, 2012
- J.D., University of Ottawa, 2011
- B.A. Hons. (Summa Cum Laude) in Political Science and History, University of Ottawa, 2008